nanog mailing list archives

Re: Auto-reply from Yahoo...

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 11:00:46 -0700

On 12/20/2018 10:17 AM, M. Ömer GÖLGELİ wrote:
This can happen for many reasons.
Quitting employees, dropping domains, death whatever.

Yep.  I get it.

They should be *somehow* auto removed after a certain number of bounces.

The catch is, they aren't /bounces/. They are auto-responses to the sender of the email. Meaning I'll get one to me for this reply. You very likely got one to you for the message that I'm replying to.

Delivery to the problematic recipient is very likely succeeding at an SMTP level.

So, the mailing list manager doesn't see them and has no opportunity to do anything about them.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die