nanog mailing list archives

Re: IGP choice

From: Pablo Lucena <plucena () coopergeneral com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:17:40 -0400

It comes down to personal preference now days in my opinion. Both ISIS and
OSPFv3 allow you to run multi-af using the same protocol. Both of them dont
run full SPF when a stub network is added/removed (unlike OSPFv2). How
about vendor support? Perhaps ISIS has the upper hand here since its been
around for so long, as compared to multi-af OSPFv3.

If I had to build a network from scratch that need to support v4/v6, I
would go with ISIS...but thats just personal preference. Some DC gear
doens't support ISIS, so I guess it depends what the network is going to
support.

BGP as an IGP is also an interesting option =).

*Pablo Lucena*
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com>