nanog mailing list archives

RE: IP-Echelon Compliance

From: "Tony Wicks" <tony () wicks co nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:08:23 +1300

While you are at it you might want to stop sending DMCA notices to Canadian
ISPs. The DMCA does not apply in Canada. If your clients wish to litigate against
individual residential customers in Canada, you will first need to obtain a court
order requiring handover of data, on a case-by-case basis.

Well said, the 500 or so a day that get filtered into my deleted items folder are mildly annoying, and all our IP
ranges are APNIC (not America!). DCMA does not extend outside of the USA, no matter how much spam you send. If you want
someone to do something that applies to other countries spend some time bothering to find out what the relevant laws
are in those countries.