nanog mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft / Outlook.com contact???

From: "Michael J Wise" <mjwise () kapu net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 22:49:52 -0700

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:47:28 -0700 Robert wrote:
RG> On 10/13/2015 5:44 PM, Robert Story wrote:
RG> > On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:25:27 -0700 Robert wrote:
RG> > RG> We are having a problem with email from a certain IP being
RG> > RG> rejected with code FBLW15.  We have gone through the normal
RG> > RG> channels but have received no communication/acknowledgement from
RG> > RG> Microsoft at all. Emails to any domain with *outlook.com MX
RG> > RG> records are rejected with the following:
RG> > RG> [....]
RG> > RG> We have emailed delist () messaging microsoft com, with no
response.

RG> > This has happened to me twice this year. Both times I got an
RG> > auto-response fairly quickly, and a followup message within a week,
RG> > and was delisted. Never could get any info on why I was listed in
the
RG> > first place, though.
RG> >
RG> >
RG> > Robert
RG> >
RG> An MS engineer reached out earlier, gave me this:
RG>
RG> https://postmaster.live.com/snds/addnetwork.aspx
RG>
RG> Signing for and using that tool, I was able to pin-point the cause.
You
RG> can also sign-up for their junk-mail feedback loop.
RG>
RG> Hope this helps you next time!

Excellent, thanks!

Unfortunately, that's not going to work if the refusal reason was FBLW15
(or TBLW15).

You're not dealing with an issue on the Outlook/Hotmail side of the house.

If you had provided the last two octets, I might have been able to give
some advice earlier, but alas, everyone seems loathe to actually say which
IP is having issues.

Aloha mai Nai`a.
--
" So this is how Liberty dies ...          http://kapu.net/~mjwise/