nanog mailing list archives

Re: Working with Spamhaus

From: Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () mykolab com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:23:07 -0700

<m3aawg technical committee co-chair hat>

I agree with Suresh here -- NANOG used to almost be somewhat hostile
to anyone who started discussions regarding anti-abuse and/or security
issues which didn't involve routing backbone engineers.

A lot of us old-timers took the hint and basically started lurking,
not participating in meetings, or simply checked out of NANOG altogether
.

A lot of time has passed sine those days, so perhaps attitudes have
changed a bit with regards to operational anti-abuse issues?

- - ferg

</m3aawg technical committee co-chair hat>