nanog mailing list archives

Re: Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

From: Joe Loiacono <jloiacon () csc com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:36:24 -0400

"NANOG" <nanog-bounces () nanog org> wrote on 10/22/2014 10:47:46 PM:

The arguments against systemd that I've seen so far:

1) It's different so it's bad.
2) There's a lot of code, there must be some really bad security
problems just waiting to happen, so it's bad.
3) It doesn't do things the way we've always done them, so it's bad.
4) The systemd developers are jerks, so it's bad.

Hmmm. It seems that list is missing its most important item.

As an impartial lurker, the primary objection I've seen is:

1. "Try to do everything" software is not optimal, and will lead to
heartache.

Joe