nanog mailing list archives

Re: Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

From: Simon Lyall <simon () darkmere gen nz>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:20:38 +1300 (NZDT)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, Miles Fidelman wrote:
And maybe, you should check out some of the upstream bug reports re. systemd interactions with NTP.

If you think the current situation is all good then maybe you should look at other bugs for ntp. eg this one I that affected me with Ubuntu Disktop. They only run time syncing when the network is bounced so if you have a stable network then your machine will never sync:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ntp/+bug/1178933

Note that the importance of this has been set to "wishlist".

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.simonlyall.com/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar