nanog mailing list archives

Re: Carrier Grade NAT

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:59:16 -0400

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:
As an ISP customer, would you really accept not
being supplied a globally unique address? Really?

Hi Owen,

I wouldn't, but outside of the folks I know in this forum, few would
notice or care. So long as the ISP has an alternative available for
those who do care (such as an existing static IP request mechanism)
CGNs are low-risk from a customer-acceptance position.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Can I solve your unusual networking challenges?