nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN's RPKI Relying agreement

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 07:55:29 -0800

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net> wrote:

On Dec 4, 2014, at 7:35 AM, Andrew Gallo <akg1330 () gmail com> wrote:
In my informal conversations, what I got was that lawyers read the
agreement, said 'no, we wont sign it' and then dropped it.  If specific
legal feedback isn't making it back to ARIN, then we need to start
providing it,

All the specific legal feedback I’ve heard is that this is a liability
nightmare, and that everyone wants ARIN to take on all the liability, but
nobody wants to pay for it.  Are you hearing something more useful than
that?

                                -Bill

This is the same legal feedback most lawyers will give you about settlement
free peering as well.

CB