nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN's RPKI Relying agreement

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 07:51:31 -0800

On Dec 4, 2014, at 7:35 AM, Andrew Gallo <akg1330 () gmail com> wrote:
In my informal conversations, what I got was that lawyers read the agreement, said 'no, we wont sign it' and then
dropped it.  If specific legal feedback isn't making it back to ARIN, then we need to start providing it,

All the specific legal feedback I’ve heard is that this is a liability nightmare, and that everyone wants ARIN to take
on all the liability, but nobody wants to pay for it.  Are you hearing something more useful than that?

                                -Bill