nanog mailing list archives

Re: [[Infowarrior] - NSA Said to Have Used Heartbleed Bug for Years]

From: TGLASSEY <tglassey () earthlink net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 09:26:19 -0700

Yes Matthew it should. The question is whether they do or not.

Todd

On 4/14/2014 7:38 AM, Matthew Black wrote:
Shouldn't a decent OS scrub RAM and disk sectors before allocating them to processes, unless that process enters
processor privileged mode and sets a call flag? I recall digging through disk sectors on RSTS/E to look for passwords and
other interesting stuff over 30 years ago.

matthew black
california state university, long beach