nanog mailing list archives

RE: [[Infowarrior] - NSA Said to Have Used Heartbleed Bug for Years]

From: Matthew Black <Matthew.Black () csulb edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:38:29 +0000

Shouldn't a decent OS scrub RAM and disk sectors before allocating them to processes, unless that process enters
processor privileged mode and sets a call flag? I recall digging through disk sectors on RSTS/E to look for passwords
and other interesting stuff over 30 years ago.

matthew black
california state university, long beach