nanog mailing list archives

Re: Muni fiber: L1 or L2?

From: Warren Bailey <wbailey () satelliteintelligencegroup com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:23:52 +0000

Nearly all of the industries you mentioned below receive some type of
local or federal/government funding. If I was going to build some kind of
access network, I would be banging on the .gov door asking for grants and
low interest loans to help roll out broadband to remote areas. My former
employer was given a TON of money (upwards of 80MM) to run Fiber across a
body of water and into a microwave ring for distribution to some of the
most remote customers in the world.

I think that if this type of project gained any amount of traction, you
would be given a check from a giant and told to enjoy your life on the
beach. Just my .02 though.

On 2/11/13 4:16 PM, "Masataka Ohta" <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>