nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mikrotik Cloud Core Router and BGP real life experiences?

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 10:19:23 -0800

On 12/27/13, 10:01, Justin Wilson wrote:
        The issues I see are because of routers versions.  The Cloud core routers
are a fairly new platform. As such, the software isnĀ¹t as stable as it
should be.  The OS is up to version 6.7.  There were some betas before 6.0
was released.  However, almost every version that has been released
addresses issues with the cloud core.  The cloud cores only run Version 6.

Unless my knowledge is out of date, the one thing RouterOS has that others in the same scope lack is a full MPLS stack that's not experimental.

~Seth