nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vancouver IXP - VanTX - BCNet

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:18:25 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Woodcock" <woody () pch net>

On Aug 21, 2013, at 6:56 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

Correct. The ones in black are exchanges, the ones in gray are
things
that someone asserted to have been exchanges, or asserted will be
exchanges.

glad it's all so black and white, well grey. :)

When different people are asserting different things (i.e. that
something is, and is not, an IXP) the situation is, by definition,
contentious. We move things into the "definitely an exchange" and show
it in black text when we're able to observe a number of things:

Randy wasn't shooting at you about your definitions.

He was shooting at you for assuming people people were reading a technical
mailing list in a non-text format.  It's all black to me, too.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com