nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vancouver IXP - VanTX - BCNet

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:15:36 +0000

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:10:32PM -0400, William F. Maton Sotomayor wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2013, Clayton Zekelman wrote:

Just wondering aloud if an ISP that did have commercial interest could run
a non-member driven exchange point successfully as long as they had
pricing and policies that were similar to member driven exchange points.

Verrrry interesting that you raise that.

IIRC, Albuquerque has NMIX which I think was setup as for-profit.  (John
Brown are you still here?)  Well over a decade ago now, my recollection is
fuzzy.  I don't recall the reasoning in choosing for-profit over
nont-for-profit.

[NMIX couldn't pay its bills so it lost a lot of support/clients]

/bill

wfms