nanog mailing list archives

Re: Megaupload.com seized

From: Tei <oscar.vives () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:12:04 +0100

On 23 January 2012 04:05, Jacob Taylor <orangewinds () gmail com> wrote:
..

Tahoe-lafs can be fast. A grid I help out with is often capable of
600kilobyte/per/second downloads (or faster), and I personally have
several files stored on there in excess of 500mb. Close enough to your
700mb movie example.

I use this storage as a CDN of sorts, as a friend wrote an HTTP
interface to the Tahoe-lafs grid.

Fast and not centralized seems good traits.  Urls are ugly, but thats
manageable, are not human readable, but humans can copy it around.

Should you wish to see it in action, the code and download links are
over here --> http://cryto.net/projects/tahoe.html

I get this:
2012-01-24 10:01:22 ERROR 504: Gateway Time-out.

Googling for
VVJJOkNISzp3NWo1aWd2M3NmYnlsM21pczZ5enRjN2thbTpmMjdjenBtNW13ZmxkY2Rud2NpM3NxeGVkamRncmt0ZGljYTd4bXFsNWN3bGh0c2x4bWdhOjM6NjozMTM2
finds only this site. (I somehow expected to find other servers
hosting a gateway to the same file).

--
--
ℱin del ℳensaje.