nanog mailing list archives

RE: juniper mx80 vs cisco asr 1000

From: Leigh Porter <leigh.porter () ukbroadband com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:40:10 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: jon Heise [mailto:jon () smugmug com]
Sent: 19 January 2012 21:37
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: juniper mx80 vs cisco asr 1000

Does anyone have any experience with these two routers, we're looking
to buy one of them but i have little experience dealing with cisco
routers and zero experience with juniper.

I have lots of MX80s and they have all been fantastic. But if you have no experience of Juniper it will be a different
learning curve (one that is, IMO, worth the effort).

I have not used the asr1000 but it looks like a capable box. You would do well to look at the MX80 fixed chassis, it
comes with 48 1G interfaces and 4 10G interfaces. They are pretty good value, I think.

--
Leigh Porter