nanog mailing list archives

Re: juniper mx80 vs cisco asr 1000

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve () eintellego net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 07:06:56 +1100

The MX80 license locked is not 5Gb

The MX5 is 20Gb TP - 20 SFP ports card, only one MIC slot active
The MX10 is 40Gb TP - 20 SFP ports card. both MIC slots active
The MX40 is 60Gb TP - 20 SFP ports card, both MIC slots + 2 of the onboard
10GbE ports
The MX80 is 80Gb TP - 20 SFP ports card, both MIC slots + all 4 of the
onboard 10GbE ports
The MX80-48T is 80Gb TP - 48 Copper ports, both MIC slots + all 4 of the
onboard 10GbE ports

Last year the licensed versions were called MX80-5G, MX8-10G and so on, but
as on this month they've renamed them to MX5, MX10, MX40's - note that the
old MX80 could come with or without -T timing support, the new ones ONLY
have timing.

…Skeeve