nanog mailing list archives

Re: Whois 172/12

From: Alex Ryu <r.hyunseog () ieee org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 01:53:17 -0600

As far as I know, 172.0.1.216 is not assigned, yet.

whois -h whois.arin.net 172.0.1.216
[whois.arin.net]
#
# Query terms are ambiguous.  The query is assumed to be:
#     "n 172.0.1.216"
#
# Use "?" to get help.
#

No match found for 172.0.1.216.

#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at: https://www.arin.net/whois_tou.html
#

Also, when you check BGP routing table, it is not routed at all.

route-server.as3257.net>sh ip bgp 172.0.1.216
% Network not in table
route-server.as3257.net>

So it seems like forged IP address.

Alex