nanog mailing list archives

Whois 172/12

From: "Ted Fischer" <ted () fred net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 02:37:25 -0500

Hi all,

   Tearing what's left of my hair out.

   A customer is getting scanned by a host claiming to be "172.0.1.216".

   I know this is bogus, but I want to go back to the customer with as
much authoritative umph as I can (heaven forbid they just take my
word).

   I'm pretty sure I read somewhere once that 172/12 was "reserved" or
something like that.  All I can find now is that 172/8 is "administered by
ARIN".  Lots of information on 172.16/12, but not a peep about
172/12.

   If anybody could provide some insight as to the
allocation/non-allocation of this block, it would be much appreciated.

   Thanks.

Ted Fischer