nanog mailing list archives

Re: iCloud - Is it going to hurt access providers?

From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:56:45 -0700

From: Vincent C Jones <v.jones () networkingunlimited com>
From: Bryan Fields <Bryan () bryanfields net>

I would love a world where engineering was consulted by marketing :(

WAKE UP!!!!  You're dreaming out loud...  >;-)

Not necessarily...I've been in computer networking going on 40 years and
I've only had one employer where engineering was NOT consulted by
marketing, and that was the military, which did not have marketing :-)

Of course, my case may be a few sigma away from normal, because I've
only had two other employers since then-- Hewlett Packard back when they
were still a techie company and myself. As an independent consultant, I
am marketing, so I can only blame myself if marketing does not consult
engineering :-D

How about (yelling again...)

WAKE UP!!!!  You're Rumpelstiltskining  :-)

scott