nanog mailing list archives

Re: 23,000 IP addresses

From: Mark Radabaugh <mark () amplex net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 22:35:37 -0400

On 5/10/11 8:30 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Mark Radabaugh<mark () amplex net>  wrote:
On 5/10/11 9:07 AM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
A good reason why every ISP should have a published civil subpoena
compliance fee.
23,000 * $150 each should only cost them $3.45M to get the information.
Seems like that would take the profit out pretty quickly.
+1.
But don't the fees actually have to be reasonable?

Facebook charges $150.00 (not a great link but http://lawyerist.com/subpoena-facebook-information/

Finding that on facebook's site is difficult. Other sites have Facebook charging $250 to $500 for civil subpoena fees.

Courts like precedent. I choose Facebook's precedent. Seems reasonable to me.

Mark