nanog mailing list archives

Re: SP's and v4 block assignments

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:13:11 -0700

On Mar 15, 2011, at 6:46 AM, Andrew Elliott wrote:

"Larger than default"?  There are rules about allocating IP space, it has to do
with justification, not default sizes.

Right, by "default" I was referring to a default minimum size block assigned to
a particular product (I would guess this would normally be in the range of /29
to /27).  I understand justification would be required (I hope), but I was
thinking of this from the perspective of trying to put the onus on the
customer's to have an incentive for using their provider assigned blocks in the
most efficient way.

IMHO, the ideal default prefix size for any end-site is still /48.

(someone had to say it)

Owen