nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why don't ISPs peer with everyone?

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 22:37:19 -0700

FWIW, Hurricane Electric has an aggressively open peering policy and we
will peer with anyone who is willing to peer at any exchange where we are
connected. We believe as stated by Rucas that this only serves to enhance
the internet experience for our customers as well as our peers.

So far, it seems to be working pretty well for us. I encourage others to follow
our lead in this regard as it truly does make a more functional internet.

Owen