nanog mailing list archives

RE: v6 proof of life

From: George Bonser <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 22:47:52 -0700

There was some additional research done by Geoff Houston indicating
that if you exposed tunnel capable hosts (that were able to reach IPv6
literals) you had something closer to 20% IPv6 connectivity.

I'm already excited about traffic levels and patterns in less than 24
hours.  Will be interesting to observe.

- Jared

See if you can reach this even if you don't have native IPv6...

http://[2001:418:3f4::5]/

I am seeing about 33% of our DNS traffic from one server over v6 but
admittedly a lot of this is to the root servers that return A records
for various domains.  But the number of domains with v6 capable DNS
servers is rising.