nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

From: Herro91 <herro91 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:01:40 -0500

From my experience - A key thing to consider from any vendor is their
support - Cisco has great support and a large support organization. I've
seen them turn around complex problems very rapidly for their customers.

Additionally, someone already mentioned investment protection and that Cisco
keeps providing incremental improvements such that older 12000s are still up
and running AND supported.

When making an important purchase, these are among the top IMHO.

HTH....