nanog mailing list archives

Re: And so it ends...

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:54:53 +0530

If you want to follow it up there's a pretty interesting thread
ongoing in the ripe anti abuse working group

All of the traffic from 2011 (only a few posts) ..
http://ripe.net/ripe/maillists/archives/anti-abuse-wg/2011/

Start with this note here -
http://ripe.net/ripe/maillists/archives/anti-abuse-wg/2011/msg00000.html
- where (a few months late) I wrote in to protest Richard Cox's being
removed as co-chair of the ripe anti abuse working group because he
made much the same points.  There was some argument that RIPE WG
co-chairs are responsible to the RIPE chair / board etc and should be
removed if they are overly critical of these, as richard admittedly
was.

Then go off far afield into various topics including whether that wg
was really operational, and then the same question you asked .. what
to do when the same entities acquiring /15s get themselves IPv6
netblocks?  There seems to be a belief (in various posts in those
threads) that v6 is so vast it just wont matter.  Not sure that I
share the belief but ..

Anyway as this is about RIPE LIRs, those interested please join the
abuse wg (link above) and chip in.

--srs