nanog mailing list archives

Re: quietly....

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:00:43 -0600

On 2/3/2011 7:50 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
This was blindling obvious to me years ago and should have been to
any CPE developer.

It doesn't appear to be blindingly simple for the cpe-router-bis draft, which leaves it as TBD, or the cpe-router draft which also is silent. General consensus I got from v6ops was that IAIDs won't be utilized by CPE routers, which means they don't expect your requesting upstream logic.

In fact, they didn't seem to like any of my ideas on versatility for handling this job, which means we'll likely have interoperability problems between CPE manufacturers.

Jack