nanog mailing list archives

Re: quietly....

From: Daniel Hagerty <hag () linnaean org>
Date: 02 Feb 2011 11:19:06 -0500

Matt Addison <matt.addison () lists evilgeni us> writes:

I'll admit right now that I don't know nearly enough about the IETF process,
but it looks like there have been 2 separate attempts at this:
draft-lee-dnsop-resolver-wellknown-ipv6addr - ID, expired
draft-ohta-preconfigured-dns - ID, expired

Until one of those is revived (or a similar draft is written), and makes it
through IETF to reach RFC status, and there are assigned addresses from
IANA, there are no well known addresses for anyone hardcode.

    Several microsoft OSes will automatically use fec0:0:0:ffff::1, 2,
and 3 if there is a nameserver there.