nanog mailing list archives

Re: quietly....

From: Matt Addison <matt.addison () lists evilgeni us>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 16:26:53 -0500

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 16:13, Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org> wrote:

I love this question, because it basically admits the protocol is
broken.  To make RA's even remotely palitable, you need "RA Guard" on
the switches.  This feature does not exist, but if we bring features
like DHCP guard forward into the IPv6 world, it's the logical solution
and solves the problem.

RA Guard has been described in RFC 6105 (still draft, but standards track),
so that particular problem should be taken care of once vendors start
shipping code. It doesn't even require SeND- although it does accomodate it.

~Matt