nanog mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft JMRP (Mail) Admin Needed

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:13:19 -0800

On 12/19/11 6:10 PM, Richard Laager wrote:
I'm trying to sign up for Microsoft's Junk Mail Reporting Program.
Multiple representatives keep sending me more-or-less form
because they're "included in...[a] third party block list". The
list in question is the SpamHaus PBL.

They clearly don't understand that the SpamHaus PBL (unlike other
SpamHaus lists) is not a list of IPs that have sent spam. I'm
looking for someone with a clue that can help me.

Thanks, Richard Laager Wikstrom Telephone Company

P.S. Even ignoring the PBL, this policy of not enrolling IP ranges
that are listed on DNSBLs doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Even
if the IPs had been sending spam, wouldn't Microsoft want the ISP's
help in stopping that?

Have you tried removing the addresses in question from the PBL first?

~Seth