nanog mailing list archives

Re: Online games stealing your bandwidth

From: Richard Barnes <richard.barnes () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:31:28 -0400

There's some standardization work being done in the IETF ALTO working
group.  They're looking at ways ISPs can inform P2P clints about which peers
are "better", I.e., topologically nearby.
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/alto/

I'm less familiar with DECADE, but I believe they're working on more
directly cache-related stuff.
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/decade/