nanog mailing list archives

Re: Alcatel-Lucent

From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:32:56 -0800

--- lists () iamchriswallace com wrote:
I am hoping to get some peoples opinions on Alcatel-Lucent routers.  We are looking at the 7750 SR line and the 7450
ESS line.  We are currently a Cisco shop but these would be deployed in a completely new network delivering mostly MPLS
based services and DIA.  Any comments are welcome,  good and bad.

BTW, one example is you only have to deal with one command set for all boxes within a given version.  Good for
programmatic thingies... :-)  Also, SAM (the element management system) has gotten better as well.

scott