nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 BGP table size comparisons

From: Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:59:22 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
People might say that it would not be helpful at all as we want IPv6
deployed but on the other hand people apply their doings of the last
10 years 1:1 to IPv6 and continue on the same mistakes which will not
be helpful either.

Indeed...

I would really love to see weekly Routing Reports for IPv6 as we have
them for legacy IP rather sooner than later.

This would provide statistics and might be useful from historical POV, but I fear the operational impact of published IPv4 Routing Table reports is close to zero. (E.g. 'does it help in making people stop advertising unnecessary more-specific routes?'.) I don't expect that to change.