nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 BGP table size comparisons

From: Jeff Wheeler <jsw () inconcepts biz>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 03:13:14 -0500

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi> wrote:
'Maximum Prefix Length' may be an over-simplifying metric. FWIW, we're
certainly not a major transit provider, but we do allow /48 in the
designated PI ranges but not in the PA ranges.  So the question is not
necessarily just about the prefix length used because it might vary by the
prefix.

I know it is an over-simplification.  If someone wishes to edit the
page to provide more specific details about the route filtering policy
for a given transit network, Wikipedia is pretty easy to edit.
Hopefully they would provide a citation/link to the policy page for
the NSP as well.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw () inconcepts biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts