nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lightly used IP addresses

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:33:34 -0400

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 15, 2010, at 8:54 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

oh.  was section nine of the lrsa done by the policy process?
No

so, if we think it should be changed we should go through a process
which was not used to put it in place.  can you even say "level playing
field?"

Section 9 is present in the LRSA because it matches the RSA (so that
all address holders are the same basic terms to the extent practical)

so, on the one hand, you claim legacy holders have no property rights.
yet you ask they sign an lrsa wherein they relinquish the rights you say
they don't have.

A contract which clarifies that you still don't have rights you never had does not constitute relinquishing those
non-existent rights no matter how many times you repeat yourself.

amazing.  i wonder if that could be construed as an acknowledgement that
they actually have those rights.

when did the lawyers and the twisty mentality get control?

randy, heading for sleep

--

p.s. apologies to folk for any suggestion they might have to dirty
    themselves by joining the ppml list