nanog mailing list archives

Re: Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

From: isabel dias <isabeldias1 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 05:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

1- http://onlyv6.com is not resolving .....
2- why would anyone be interested in buying "bit-pipes" from you if you don't own fiber or ports in a switch?
3- why would anyone be interested in buying ip address space if they can do it from SP's themselfs or apply for that
ripe allocation?
4- ICIN 2009 highlighted the fact the SP#s are interested in rolling out new ethernet services - that has been
happening for the past years!
5- http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html shows the V4 exhaustion - the depletion of the IPv4 allocation pool has
been a concern however is still in use. Understanding the v6 migration is driving the change.
http://www.usipv6.com/6sense/2006/mar/pdf/UnderstandingIPv4AddressExhaustion.pdf
just seems that it follows the switchover to digital (2012)
                    http://www.eurescom.eu/Public/Projects/P1900-series/P1952/default.asp