nanog mailing list archives

Re: Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

From: Tim Franklin <tim () pelican org>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:38:21 +0000 (GMT)

Which seems a bit far afield from reality to me.  Yes, there are lots
of folks with IPv6 connectivity and v4-only recursive DNS servers.  I
don't think ISPs will have problems setting aside a handful of IPv4
addresses for authoritative DNS infrastructure to work around this
until v6 transport in recursive DNS servers is common enough.

Assuming your ISP is providing your DNS.  What if I, as a new start-up in the IPv4-exhausted world, want to buy pure
bit-pipes from my ISP, and be responsible for *everything* further up the stack?  I don't believe this is entirely
uncommon.

Regards,
Tim.