nanog mailing list archives

Re: Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

From: Brielle Bruns <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:56:44 -0600

On 4/23/10 10:47 AM, Jared Mauch wrote:

On Apr 23, 2010, at 12:45 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:

Given I've been running dual stack nameservers for the last 7 years
and never noticed any real problems I expect his problems are actually
closer to home.

Mark

I mirror this experience, I've not seen any issues having the nameservers dual-stacked.

- Jared

Don't quite remember when I started going dual stack on the server side of things, I think it was back in 2006 or 2007. I even have AHBL queries coming in over IPv6 now - of course they are for IPv4 hosts, but thats not the point. :-)

Whats even more interesting, is that on my primary name server, people are sending ICMP echos to my IPv6 address on a fairly consistent basis, making me wonder if someone's using it for testing purposes. If so, makes me happy :)

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org