nanog mailing list archives

Re: two interfaces one subnet

From: "Daryl G. Jurbala" <daryl () introspect net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 10:51:56 -0400

On May 11, 2009, at 4:48 PM, Duane Waddle wrote:

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se> wrote:

IIRC, you can turn the feature off WHEN it makes an issue.

Fixed that for you.

S550 attached to a 6509, Dell blade in a blade chassis with Power connect switches cross-connected to the 6509 in trunking mode. Got nothing but errors, discards, and slow performance across the link (only to the NAS....everything else was fine). Changed the S550 into redundancy mode (one NIC in standby rather than active/active) and everything is just peachy. I don't have the time or inclination to figure out why.....I just expect these things to work when the manufacturer says they will.

Of course, I already have a huge issue with NetApp considering the EOLed a 3 month old piece of gear two months after I bought it.