nanog mailing list archives

Re: two interfaces one subnet

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 17:51:58 -0400

On May 11, 2009, at 4:45 PM, Chris Meidinger wrote:
On 11.05.2009, at 22:34, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

On May 11, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Chris Meidinger wrote:

I would be grateful for a pointer to such an RFC statement, assuming it exists.

Why would an RFC prohibit this?

Most _implementations_ do, but as far as network "rules" in general it is a valid configuration.

That was essentially my conclusion as well: logically it can't work, but I wasn't certain where it might be forbidden.

How did you read what I wrote and say what you said? I've read it several times and I can't get from point A to point B. Did you do a major typo or something?

I said it is valid. After saying you came to the same conclusion, you then said "logically it can't work". Your statement not only contradicts what I said, but contradicts the fact is has and does work.

Let me be clear: IT IS NOT FORBIDDEN.  IT WORKS FINE.

--
TTFN,
patrick