nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent input

From: Paul Timmins <paul () telcodata us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:00:16 -0400

I hope at least some SPs make this commitment back in the states. I can't find any tier-1s that can provide us with native v6. Our tier-1 upstream has a best effort test program in place that uses ipv6ip tunnels. The other upstream says that they aren't making any public IPv6 plans yet. It's hard to push the migration to v6 along when native v6 providers aren't readily available.

GlobalCrossing told me today I can order native IPv6 anywhere on their network. Don't know if they count as Tier 1 on your list, though. VZB has given me tunnels for a while, hopefully they'll get their pMTU issue fixed so we can do more interesting things with it.

-Paul