nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent input

From: Jeroen Wunnink <jeroen () easyhosting nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:48:14 +0200

That might be because some bigger providers in the Netherlands are throwing out transits that don't support IPv6.
So there's your commercial necessity ;-)

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
Hi!

Should have said "And, they have no plans to deploy IPv6 in the immediate
future."

:)

"Cogent's official stance on IPv6 is that we will deploy IPv6 when it
becomes a commercial necessity. We have tested IPv6 and we have our plan
for rolling it out, but there are no commercial drivers to spend money
to upgrade a network to IPv6 for no real return on investment."

Thats strange they are running pilots with customers on v6 in Amsterdam.

Bye,
Raymond.

--

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Wunnink,
EasyHosting B.V. Systeembeheerder
systeembeheer () easyhosting nl

telefoon:+31 (035) 6285455              Postbus 48
fax: +31 (035) 6838242                  3755 ZG Eemnes

http://www.easyhosting.nl
http://www.easycolocate.nl