nanog mailing list archives

Re: 97.128.0.0/9 allocation to verizon wireless

From: Matthias Leisi <matthias () leisi net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:31:38 +0100

Mark Andrews schrieb:

      I don't see any reason to complain based on those numbers.
      It's just a extremely high growth period due to technology
      change over bring in new functionality.

OTOH, Verizon is not the only provider of smartphone connectivity in the
world. Most of them try to be "good citizens" and do not waste a scarce
resource (IPv4 space).

If more providers would act like Verizon, we would have run out of IPv4
addresses a long time ago (whether or not that is a good or bad thing is
left as an exercise to the reader).

-- Matthias