nanog mailing list archives

Re: v6 & DSL / Cable modems [was: Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:38:33 -0600

TJ wrote:
When the compliance explicitly requires something they are required to check
for it, they don't have the option of ignoring or waving requirements ...
and off the top of my head I don't recall if it is SOX that calls for
RFC1918 explicitly but I know there are some that do.

I believe that RFC1918 space won't be a requirement for IPv6. I'm pretty sure the requirements will change as the addressing changes. Of course, I'm sure you will have a lot of NEW requirements. :)

Jack