nanog mailing list archives

Re: Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space

From: "James R. Cutler" <james.cutler () consultant com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 20:35:15 -0500

Clarification here:

1/8 was never on the EDS backbone. Was only used locally in one site, as far as I can determine.

On Feb 4, 2009, at 7:29 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

I see you've never done business with EDS. They've been using 1/8 for over a decade. Also, over the years, I've seen a number of universities and supercomputing facilities number nodes out of 1/8 -- however, those
systems are never supposed to see the internet anyway, so they could
technically number them however they want. Personally, I've used 1/8 in
lab setups.

brilliant!  i think all my competitors should do that.

randy

James R. Cutler
james.cutler () consultant com