nanog mailing list archives

Re: Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space

From: "Ricky Beam" <jfbeam () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:44:20 -0500

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:29:36 -0500, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve () skeeve org> wrote:
I agree... I'd love to know where they got that from... who even wrote it?

I see you've never done business with EDS. They've been using 1/8 for over a decade. Also, over the years, I've seen a number of universities and supercomputing facilities number nodes out of 1/8 -- however, those systems are never supposed to see the internet anyway, so they could technically number them however they want. Personally, I've used 1/8 in lab setups.

--Ricky