nanog mailing list archives

Re: Consumer Grade - IPV6 Enabled Router Firewalls.

From: Mohacsi Janos <mohacsi () niif hu>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:22:59 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:

Frank Bulk a écrit :
I think they're (all) listed here:
http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE

And from an operators perspective (not manufacturer):

Free ISP ADSL (and fiber) operator in France does IPv6 natively to the end user with Router Advertisement since 2 years now. I think these "CPE" (Customer Premises Equipment) are called simply "box" in France (freebox, livebox, dartybox, and more). Between the Free box and the core network there is proprietary IPv6-in-IPv4 encapsualtion, not 6to4. No DHCPv6-PD, which I feel as a big restriction.

implementing 6rd (which is used by Free) also a big restriction.

Plans for livebox and 9box IPv6 do exist if not already deployed.

Spanish FON Fonera based on openwrt, when I checked 2008, did IPv6 somehow, not sure whether natively.
http://boards.fon.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4532&view=previous

From memory, at least one Japanese residential operator did IPv6 to the home several years ago, with explicit IPv6 advertisement on TV during prime time.

Alex

Frank