nanog mailing list archives

Re: Consumer Grade - IPV6 Enabled Router Firewalls.

From: Mohacsi Janos <mohacsi () niif hu>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:24:13 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:

Mohacsi Janos a écrit :

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

Mohacsi Janos wrote:

According to Apple the latest Apple Airport Extreme does support DHCPv6 prefix delegation and native IPv6 uplink not only 6to4.
Airports don't support DHCPv6 PD yet. I'm led to believe that they may in the future from my Apple friends but not yet.

It does in a limited extent:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/Ipv6-dev/2009/Oct/msg00086.html

Not sure that is DHCPv6 PD (Prefix Delegation), the discussion doesn't seem to say so. If it is it would be wonderful.

They do:
"DHCP6 client requests prefix delegation, advertised on LAN bridge"

Best Regards,
                Janos Mohacsi